Date(s) - 18/11/2017
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
To Be Announced
Sword fighting tournaments tend to be fairly straight forward. Your weapon is selected by the category you’ve entered, you’re opponent will be around the same skill level, and your fighting arena will be a large flat circle or square. We’re not having any of that! The Arena is a tournament specifically designed to push a fighters creativity and adaptability.
This non-restricted weapons tournament will see fighters squaring off in specifically designed arenas with the intent of forcing them to adapt their styles to their environments. This tournament will force fighters to confront the advantages and shortcomings of every weapon, as they’re placed in environments designed to play off of some weapon types while interfering with others. Will you keep one weapon and swap your tactics as you go, or will you change your weapon to suit the terrain? Are you ready to enter The Arena?
We intend for this tournament to have the single largest grand prize we’ve ever given away, and as such entry fees will be higher than the normal event we run. We will be annoucing more details pertaining to the event, including specific details of the various arenas we will be preparing, as we get closer to the event date!
Currently Confirmed Arenas
- Hallway Intersection
- The Hallway Intersection will be a long narrow passage roughly 3 feet wide and 10 feet long, with an intersecting hallway of the same dimentions running perpendicular forming a cross.
- The Forest will be a square that contains poles placed in a grid pattern throughout the entire square.
- The Ramp will be a rectangular environment with a long incline with a flat standing area at the peak of the incline.
- The Gap will be platforms roughly 5 feet by 7 feet, with a roughly 3 foot gap seperating them.
- The Wall will be a 10 by 10 foot square arena with a roughly 3 foot high by 5 feet wide wall in the middle of the arena.
While the event will be located in Central Vancouver Island, a specific venue is still being selected.
Please note: this event will be offering early bird rates. Prices will increase in August, and then again in October.