Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? Maybe we’ve already answered it! If you don’t see the answer you’re looking for below, please feel free to contact us and we’ll do our best to answer you.
- Why are you fundraising for this?
- We don’t want to exclude schools or students because they don’t have the spare funds for a program like this. We believe that everyone should have the chance to enjoy martial arts, and that with the help of the community we can easily make that happen.
- What is your fundraising goal?
- We’re currently seeking to raise a minimum of $4000 a month. All funds beyond that will be used to expand the scope of this program.
- What is the money going towards?
- Initially a substantial sum of the funds raised will go towards paying for the equipment we’ll need to bring in. For fencing, we will need over $8000 just to bring in enough equipment for 30 students. Aside from equipment, there is also the cost of making sure we can pay the instructors that will be running the classes, as well as the ongoing costs of equipment maintenance and replacement.
- Who will be the instructors for this?
- Our head instructor Sensei Blake Holmes will be heading up the program, and as it expands we will be bringing in some of our senior students to assist, and eventually run several classes of their own.
- How can I help this program succeed?
- The easiest way is to donate! Monthly donations will be the life blood of this program, and even $1 a month builds up over several hundred people. You can also help by spreading the word, and asking people you know to help support us well!
- I’m from a school, and would like to book you in. How can I?
- All you need to do is contact us and tell us exactly that! From there we will book the where and when.