SMASH AND STAB WINNERS II!
Congratulations to all participants in the our second Smash and Stab Tournament. The winners were Cole, Andrew and Sean taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively. A huge thank you to our sponsors. Hope to see you out again.
Prove yourself the ultimate boss onscreen and off in our second Smash & Stab tournament! Battle your opponent in Smash Bros. Wii U, then pick up a (foam-padded) weapon and duel in real life. Dominate the controller and the blade in a double elimination ladder tournament to come out as the ultimate victor and claim fabulous prizes.
Players will compete in a ladder tournament. The first round will be a 3 minute, 5 stock Smash Bros. match. The second will be a 3 minute, first to five points with a two point lead, one-on-one duel using foam-padded melee weapons. Be sure to guard your hands, because then it’s back to another round of Smash Bros.
Competitors who lose one match will join the second bracket and have another chance to battle their way back to the top.
- Matches will be 1 vs. 1
- Preliminary matches will be played on random maps, with all weapons set to normal.
- Semi-finals will be played on Battlefield with all weapons set to normal.
- Finals will be played on Final Destination with no weapons.
- No custom characters, or amiibos.
- WiiU Pro Controllers
- Classic Controllers
- Wiimote + Nunchuck
Players can bring their own controllers.
- Preliminary match weapons will be randomly decided.
- Rounds will allow, or disallow off-hand weapons based on a coin toss at the start of the round.
- Off-hands can either be an appropriate weapon or a shield.
- Outside weapons are allowed, as long as they are Calimacil, or Epic Armoury. All outside weapons are used at the risk of the owner of the weapon.
- Final round will be open weapon format, allowing both single and dual hand.
- All players will show adequate restraint in attacks
- All players will show sportsmanlike conduct during the tournament
- All players will respect and obey the commands of the referees
Any Weapon under 29”
Any Weapon 29” to 35”
Any Weapon 36” to 42”
Any Weapon 43” and up
Pole arms are not allowed.
- Outside helmets can be used upon inspection
- Belts, frogs, etc. are allowed
- Standard sparring and protective gear is recommended